Ten Jurisdictions Adopt New IAR Continuing Education Requirements
Back in May 2022, the Joot blog reported that Michigan adopted new continuing education requirements for Investment Adviser Representatives (IAR). Beginning in 2023, IARs must earn 12 CE credits annually to maintain their IAR registration in Michigan.
Ten states and jurisdictions have now either implemented an IAR CE requirement or have informed North American Securities Administrators Association’s IAR CE Committee they are planning to adopt an IAR CE requirement in 2022. The following jurisdictions have made this announcement, including the effective date:
- Arkansas (1/1/2023 effective date)
- Kentucky (1/1/2023 effective date)
- Maryland (1/1/2022 effective date)
- Michigan (1/1/2023 effective date)
- Mississippi (1/1/2022 effective date)
- Oklahoma (1/1/2023 effective date)
- South Carolina (1/1/2023 effective date)
- Vermont (1/1/2022 effective date)
- Washington, D.C. (1/1/2023 effective date)
- Wisconsin (1/1/2023 effective date)
The Joot team will continue to update this list as new information becomes available so stay tuned to the Joot Blog.
Joot’s compliance veterans can help you determine which states are applicable and how to comply with these new regulations. Please reach out to Joot if you need help meeting regulatory obligations or filing new forms. Joot’s compliance experts have completed numerous required filings for our clients, and we’re here to help you get compliance done right.